Gaelic: Craoibh (tree)
Badge: The Earl on a chair upon the mound, holding the scales of justice with the stocks in front of him and the town cross behind his left shoulder.
Crieff has developed into a hub for tourism, trading mainly on its whisky and cattle droving history.

The cattle markets/trysts held up until the 1870s brought through the town as many as 70,000. This trade was taken over by Falkirk trysts and the railways.  In the eighteenth century a textile industry in flax was established, hence the Weavers Hall.The tartan is found in the 1819 Key Pattern Books of Wilson of Bannockburn.

Choose from one of the Crieff tartans listed below: