Article

Cameron Of Erracht Tartan

Refine search

Gaelic: Camsgron (Crooked nose)
Badge: St Andrew holding a Saltire cross
Ewen Cameron of Lochiel took as his second wife Marjory MacKintosh and their son Ewen was the first of who would become the Camerons of Erracht.

This was in the early 16th century and by 1745, Donald Cameron, 7th of Erracht, was second in command of the Camerons at Glenfinnan when Prince Charles raised his standard. The tartan for the 79th Regiment, the Cameron Highlanders, was designed by the mother of Sir Allan Cameron, their Colonel on his founding of them in 1794. The Cameron tartan was considered too red to harmonise with the Scarlet coats. The newly adopted design was called Cameron of Erracht.

Choose from one of the Cameron of Erracht Tartans listed below

Product Info