Scottish Gaelic: Loch Carrann
Lochcarron is a village in the Wester Ross area of the Highlands. The name is also applied to the collection of small settlements strung out along Loch Carron, a sea loch on the west coast of Ross and Cromarty. The village stretches for almost 2 miles, along the shore of the loch. In the 19th century the village was named Janetown, then Jeantown. Close to the road lies the famous road Bealach na Ba (Pass of the Cattle) which links the Applecross to the rest of the mainland.
The parish was in the possession of several chiefs over time, the principle of whom was Macdonald of Glengarry, who had the western part of Strome. All these were gradually dispossessed by Seaforth Lord Kintail, who took the Castle of Strome in 1609. The range of setts for Lochcarron are wide ranging; with several modern incarnations.
Choose from one of the Lochcarron Tartans listed below
Sign up to our email newsletter. and be the first to hear about new arrivals, special offers & more.
You can unsubscribe at any time.