A comprehensive insight into Kinloch Anderson, the world's foremost Highland Dress company by one of its most prominent family members, Deirdre Kinloch Anderson.
For almost 150 years the Scottish firm of Kinloch Anderson has maintained its position as a worldwide market leader in Scottish traditional dress and kiltmaking. The Company is now into the sixth generation of family management – a status achieved by just 1% of all UK family businesses. This Kinloch Anderson book is an insight into their heritage, their story and the role they have played in Scottish clothing, tartan and textiles.
The book has nine chapters, all richly illustrated in full colour, dealing with:
- Highland Dress and its history
- The Heritage of Kinloch Anderson
- Uniforms for the Services
- Highland Dress in Modern Times
- Scottish Dress for Ladies
- Early marketing history, exporting and brand development
- The Global Impact of Tartan
- A walk round the fascinating Kinloch Anderson Heritage Room at the Company's Edinburgh HQ.
There is also a timeline of significant Company milestones. This book is a remarkable look inside one of Scotland's greatest commercial enterprises whose products are available in many markets and are immediately recognisable as quintessentially Scottish.
Richly illustrated in full colour and personally signed by Deirdre Kinloch Anderson.
Perfect gift for the Highland Dress enthusiasts and expatriate Scots.